SmartShield RFID Badge
SmartShield RFID Enabled Badge, Blackinton *Patented Technology
A Blackinton SmartShield badge offers a smart way to protect your department, as well as your community. The “smart” technology is driven by a rugged, tamper-proof RFID transponder chip. The chip is embedded into the back of your Blackinton badge transforming your ordinary shield into a SmartShield.
The SmartShield badge acts as a portal to officer’s information. By scanning a SmartShield badge with a RFID reader you can access your existing officer databases. Resulting in a comprehensive view of officer information. For example, you can see who the badge is issued to, verify identity and credentials, and make intelligent decisions based on real-time information.
SmartShield is helping departments manage inventory control, building access, field validation, and identity authentication. See how Colombia (since 2009, over 100,000 SmartShield badges deployed) and Mexico (over 15,000 Smartshield badges deployed) have applied our SmartShield technology to protect their officers and citizens.
|SECURITY built into the badge.|
|SINGLE VIEW into an officer's information.|
|SCALABLE user configurable system; you determine the information you want to see.|
|FLEXIBLE robust software with the ability to link to any database.|
|VALIDATE the officer and the badge from anywhere.|
|CONTROL building access, badge inventory, officer information, mobile deployment.|
|Field Tested And Proven Technologies|
*SmartShield patented process and parts, US752205682 badge verification device.
Badge Inventory Control
- Electronic, secure record of badge issuance and inventory
- Scan the badge, instantly see who the badge is issued to, check the badges history, reassign it to inventory, or decommission the badge
- Increases productivity, and reduces the threat of forgery
- Smart validation – scan the badge to see who it is assigned to, view other key personnel data, and easily detect forgery
- Increasing security of police facilities and communities
Officer Information Portal
- Centralized access point (portal) for officer information/demographics
- Flexible, scalable solution – you define the categories and fields to be viewed
- Requires connection to existing databases; if data structure does not exist we can help create one
- Robust software easily configured to meet your security needs
Building Entry Validation
- Scan the badge at the door’s RFID proximity reader, the door unlocks and officer gains access, at the same time the WinEID software presents the officer’s information on your monitor
- The badge serves as a substitute for an access card
- Blackinton SmartShield badge and WinEID software interfaces with most HID compliant building access control systems
- Reliable, consistent badge and officer validation at the door