Returning Your Badge
- Refinishing will not remove deep scratches or digs in the metal but will restore the badge finish to a bright luster.
- When a badge is refinished the detail in the design, lettering, and enamel are re-polished, so after a badge is refinished more than once the design and lettering will be less distinct and may not be able to hold enamel due to the shallowness of the incised lettering.
- There is a maximum of 50 badges per month per department that can be sent back for refinishing
- *Enamel on a badge may crack or chip when a badge is refinished. Refinishing is done at the owner’s risk.
- *Enamel is fixed for free; although all high-end badges will incur a shipping and handling charge of $13.00 per style per order.
- We will only refinish a badge manufactured by Blackinton®.
- This warranty only applies to the original agency who is the intended recipient. The warranty for repair and or refinish does not apply to collectors or a badge collection.
Our high-end badge finishes: Hi-Glo®, Rho-Glo®, Two-Tone, and VHB Karat Klad are refinished for free.
*Hard enamel is fixed with paint, therefore there may be slight variations in the look of the lettering after it is repaired. This is unavoidable, because the manufacturing process for hard enamel requires the badge be placed in very hot ovens. A finished badge cannot withstand that extreme heat, so we use paint to repair a hard enamel badge.