With Labor Day coming upon us we got to thinking about our American workforce and why it is important to buy American Made products over imports. Sure – some imports are cheaper but why buy American? Here are our top 5 reasons:
- Strengthens Economy: First and foremost it is important to our economy it strengthens us from the inside out. When we buy American our money remains in the U.S. economy – our dollars are recycled.
- Job Creation: The more we buy American the more money goes back into manufacturing American-Made products – and the manufacturing sector will in turn grow. With manufacturing growth more people are needed to create these goods, thus more jobs.
- Quality: Imports are certainly monitored but there is no guarantee of the quality of the product you receive. Made in the USA means you are receiving a superior product. U.S. manufacturers keep a close eye on the production and quality of their products, and thus stand behind their quality standards.
- Human Rights: Our government can control working conditions and has laws and regulations that American companies must abide by; such as, minimum wage, regulation on hours allowed to work, etc. Sweatshops are a common entity in most third world countries.
- Environment: U.S. manufacturers tend to look for cleaner, eco-friendly processes, because there are U.S. regulations to protect the health of our air, water, and soil. Overseas there are very few regulations and the air, water and soil are being polluted .. not to mention the fossil fuels it takes to boat the products across the ocean.
Speaking of the environment, we take our part in keeping America clean to heart! We have a waste water treatment plant on site where we recycle 100% of all our waste water. Also, in 2016 we installed a 498.96 KW Solar Field consisting of 1,584 solar panels and are reducing our electricity consumption from the grid by 50%.
CLICK HERE and take a look at our video!